I'm coming back to this thread because we finnaly put our secure server
into production (self-signed). I'd like to use the suggestions below to
get rid of the annoying "Unknown certificate" browser messages. (And
hopefully it will work at all with IE 3).

But the syntax to openssl has changed from ssleay, and the docs don't
help. How do I generate the DER format file from my ca.crt with openssl?

--

 ___THE___ "Commercial OS vendors are, at the moment, all closed
 \  \ /  /  economies, and doomed to fall in their competition with