>> But, when I try building mod_ssl-2.2.8_1.3.6, I get :-
>>       + SSL interface vendor extensions: disabled
>> Unknown flag
>>       + SSL interface plugin: Configured DBM (-ldbm)
>> Error: Cannot find SSL header files under
>> /data/arc/apache/openssl-SNAP-19990426
>>       + SSL library path: /data/arc/apache/openssl-SNAP-19990426
>> ./configure:Error: APACI failed
>
> Sure, you use a very recent snapshot of OpenSSL but a release version of
> mod_ssl. That doesn't work because of OpenSSL API changes for 0.9.3.

OK - that explains a lot - thanks Ralf.

HOWEVER, I'm sorry but having just had a look round the CVS part of
www.modssl.org, I really don't think I'm capable of trying to assemble a
working distribution - at least not without first learning all about CVS
(I've never used it) and rsync (likewise).

So is there any chance you could produce a Snapshot tarball or two, in the
same way as the OpenSSL site does ?

Otherwise I'm going to have to try to identify and back-port Ulf's Ultrix
fixes from
openssl-SNAP-19990426 into openssl-0.9.2b, or give up on an Ultrix secure
web server for now.

Thanks,