nreese wrote:

> Im having a lot of problems. First the RSAref library that openssl tells me
> to use doesnt exist, rsa is not giving it out anymore.

As I recently pointed out, stick "http://ftpsearch.lycos.com" into a
browser and search for: rsaref20.tar.Z .. there are a plethora of sites
holding valid archive images.

> Then OpenSSL
> compiles fine. Mod_SSL compiles fine. I am following the instructions given
> in the mod_ssl tarball. Anyway when I get down to compiling Apache I see
> this, after lots of other standard compiler output.

> <=== src/modules/standard
> ===> src/modules/ssl
> gcc -c  -I../../os/unix -I../../include   -DLINUX=2 -DMOD_SSL=202108
> -DUSE_HSREG
> EX -DEAPI `../../apaci` -DSSL_COMPAT -I/root/openssl-0.9.2b/include
> -DMOD_SSL_VE
> RSION=\"2.2.8\" mod_ssl.c
> In file included from mod_ssl.c:65:
> mod_ssl.h:282: ndbm.h: No such file or directory
> make[4]: *** [mod_ssl.o] Error 1
> make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/apache_1.3.6/src'
> make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/apache_1.3.6'
> make: *** [build] Error 2
> [root@www apache_1.3.6]#
> ----------------------
>
> This is quite distressing. I notice that in the INSTALL doc there is
> mention of ndbm (whatever that is) and that it should be "included by my
> vendor". Anybody know how to fix this?

Not without you providing more details on your platform (although I'm
very willing to guess you're talking about RedHat 6.0) .. see my post
from last week for a complete build list to generate this package on
RH6.0.

--
Regards,
Dave

P: [EMAIL PROTECTED]     W: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       Ubergeek - AnglersWeb, Inc / W3Works, LLC
         Data Monger - Gestalt Technology, LLC

"Why is the machine faster?"
"We lubricated the sticky bits, it's much smoother now."