On Sun, Oct 03, 1999, Eric Rescorla wrote:

> I've got mod_ssl working fine on Win32, except for one small
> problem.
>
> When I use a keyfile which is password protected, Apache
> hangs on startup. As far as I can tell, the problem is that
> the Win32 startup process is as follows:
>
> 1. Startup Apache.
> 2. Startup a slave Apache to do the actual work while the first
> Apache listens for events.
>
> The master Apache gets the password and accesses the keyfile
> correctly, but the slave has already given up access to the
> terminal, so when it tries to get the password it just hangs.
>
> I don't see this problem listed on the FAQ list, so I don't
> know if it's (1) well known or (2) easily solved.
>
> Has anyone else seen this? Is there a workaround? Have
> I botched something?

Yes, someone else also reported that the pass phrase dialog doesn't work
correctly under Win32. But I cannot fix it myself, because I've both no real
Win32 development environment available nor the knowledge to find out what
Win32 dislikes in the mod_ssl/OpenSSL dialog. And I have also to admit that
fixing Win32-*only* bugs is maximum low-priority on my TODO list, of course.

So if you want the dialog fixed for Win32, you have to help me in finding out
the problem. Where are the Win32 hackers under us? Can someone help us here
and provide a patch to make the dialog working under this Win32 environment?