I've got mod_ssl working fine on Win32, except for one small
problem.

When I use a keyfile which is password protected, Apache
hangs on startup. As far as I can tell, the problem is that
the Win32 startup process is as follows:

1. Startup Apache.
2. Startup a slave Apache to do the actual work while the first
Apache listens for events.

The master Apache gets the password and accesses the keyfile
correctly, but the slave has already given up access to the
terminal, so when it tries to get the password it just hangs.

I don't see this problem listed on the FAQ list, so I don't
know if it's (1) well known or (2) easily solved.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a workaround? Have
I botched something?

Thanks,
-Ekr

[Eric Rescorla                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]]
          PureTLS - free SSLv3/TLS software for Java
                http://www.rtfm.com/puretls/