Nate Carlson wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Randy Lee wrote:
> > I've got a problem that I'm not sure is mod_ssl or apache going on here:
> >
> > I have a server named x.dom1.com that is hosting several vitual domains.
> >
> > If I have
> >
> > <VirtualHost IP:443>
> > ServerName x.dom2.com
> > </Virtual host>
> >
> > and I have x.dom2.com in the Thawte cert (test fortunately), life is
> > cool outside of Netscape not knowing about test certs.
> >
> > If I add another virtual host (before this in the list) and hit
> > https://x.dom2.com
> >
> > <VirtualHost IP:443>
> > ServerName x.dom1.com
> > </Virtual host>
> >
> > I get a log error in the x.dom1.com error log that sez
> >
> > [Fri Feb 11 07:54:41 2000] [error] mod_ssl: SSL handshake failed
> > xxx.xxx.xxx, server x.dom1.com:443) (OpenSSL library error follows)
> > [Fri Feb 11 07:54:41 2000] [error] OpenSSL: error:14094412:SSL
> > routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert bad certificate [Hint: Subject CN
> > in certificate not server name!?]
> >
> > but I get all the pages in x.dom2.com
> >
> > I also, then get that the cet was from x.dom1.com when I ask Netscape
> > about this cert being presented.
> >
> > I'm confused. Someone have an antidote?
>
> Are you configuring the certificates within the <VirtualHost> directives?
> If not, give that a shot..

Oops. I should have put that in here too.. Each <VirtualHost> directive
has a pointer to a different cert/key pair... which *appears* to be
working. To test this, I've put different information in the other
fields for each one and then configured the server... When I get the
information back in the browser, I get the correct information for the
cert that I think it should be, but I get the wrong virtual host name
presented (different thn what is in the cert). It's almost like the
first <VirtualHost> directive on the IP:port that it runs into is the
one that it sticks with....

TIA

Randy Lee
begin:vcard
n:Lee;Randy
tel;fax:(715) 658-1189
tel;work:(715) 658-1189
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.CommunicatorToGo.com
org:OneDisc.com
adr:;;3564-H Rolling View Dr.;St. Paul;MN;55110;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
x-mozilla-cpt:;10128
fn:Randy Lee