Hi all,

  We received a SuperCert from thawte for 3 days we installed it on the
server modify the server config file, and great all works fine ! 128 bits
encryption for IE and Netscape. But, when we try to access to the site with
an older browser (IE 5.0 with 56 bits encryption) an error occured. We make
some test and this is the results (when we access the site with the IP
adress, it says that the certificate do not match the name of the site) :

             |https://        |https://
             | 1.12.123.1/    | www.foo.com/
IE (128 bits |     work       |    work
encryption)  |                |
IE (56 and 40|                |    don't
bits         |     work       |    work
encryption)  |                |
Netscape (128|     work       |    work
encryption)  |                |
Netscape (56 |                |
and 40 bits  |     work       |    work
encryption)  |                |

  This is an extract of my config file :

[...]

<IfDefine SSL>
  Listen 1.12.123.1:443
  NameVirtualHost 1.12.123.1:443
</IfDefine>

[...]

<IfDefine SSL>
  <VirtualHost 1.12.123.1:443>
  ServerName www.foo.com
  ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  DocumentRoot    "/path/to/htdocs"
  ErrorLog        /path/to/error_log
  TransferLog     /path/to/access_log

    <Directory />
      Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
      AllowOverride None
    </Directory>

    SSLEngine on
    SSLCertificateFile      /path/to/server.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile   /path/to/server.key

    SSLLogLevel info
    SSLLog /path/to/ssl_engine_log

  </VirtualHost>
</IfDefine>

  If you have any idea, suggestion, solution, let me know.

  Thanx

  Guillaume

---
      ___[_]___