On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 11:06:19AM +0200, GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> What. The apache-mod_ssl RPM is one of the easier RPM to install.
> Many Redhat users have switched from Apache-SSL to Apache-mod_ssl
> since it's a plugin replacement of standard Redhat apache.

I can't say that I've tried any of the rpm's (but then I've always
preferred to build stuff from scratch ;-)
I'm sure you're right when you say that the rpm's are easy to use,
but I think we've seen a growing number of problems from rpm users.
I just had a quick look at the contrib dir - and it looks a bit
messy to me ;-) A while back somebody suggested cleaning out the
older binaries - I can't say that I disagree with that idea. But
I've been thinking that maybe we should take it a bit further -
by having a binary distributions page instead of the current
contrib page.  Then we could have a few words about how to install
them, and making sure that there are always always links to the
latest version - so that we avoid people picking an old version
by mistake. I suppose that I could be talked into providing Solaris
packages in the same way.
What do you guys think - is this worth spending some time on?
If nobody else volunteers, I suppose that I could be talked into
coordinating such a page.

BTW: Is there no php4 rpm? I've sort of got an idea, that this is
the source of a couple of those segfaults we've seen lately.

vh

Mads Toftum