I upgraded a 6.2 Red Hat system, from apache 1.2.12 to 1.3.22, using
their rpms. In the process, the ssl module disappeared, and I cannot
find a new one.

Since the apache is installed from an rpm, there is no way for me to
build the module from the mod_ssl-2.8.5-1.3.22.tar.gz source file I
downloaded, as it wants to integrate itself into the apache source that
doesn't exist.

Our e-business site is broken until I can fix this.

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to fix this?

Most gracious thanks in advance!

    -ste