Ramakrishna Kuppa wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I upgraded our system to use OpenSSL 0.9.6g from your latest build.
> However, the error I was referring to occurred in the previous build
> that had version 0.9.6d of OpenSSL.
>
> The error is a Dr.Watson error. The usual popup box comes with the above
> message and until the user acknowledges, the system doesn't service any
> requests. There aren't any useful messages that get logged either.
>
> The complete message is as follows:
> "Apache.exe generates errors and will be closed by Windows. You will
> need to restart the program. An error log is being created."

Ramakrishna,

It would be helpful to see the apache error log ... usually called
'error.log' in the ..\Apache\logs directory.

Also, the Dr Watson log can also be useful but less so when I do not
have the same build - with the same build I can walk it into the failure
with the debugger.  The Dr Watson log can be found in the %SystemRoot%
.. mine is I:\WINDOWS (XP PRO) yours could be C:\WINNT - the file is
called 'drwtsn32.log'

This could have been caused by a buffer overrun ... like in a failed
exploit ... previous versions of OpenSSL were vulnerable.

I will look at the log if you send it.  Maybe there will be clues.

The new code is ok?

Chris.