>My advice would be to install a completely new server from scratch and
>install it in a different directory to your current Redhat installed one.

Thanks for the info Phil!  Do I understand correctly, that I could keep my
existing e-commerce stores on line and just install a new apache server
independent of the existing apache setup on the same Linux machine?

>All you need do once the new install is complete is kill the old server and
>restart the new one.  Once happy with the new install you can edit your
>startup configuration so the new server is started on a reboot or restart.

If this is possible, would it be difficult to switch my stores that are
already set up over to the new apache server associated with mod_ssl?

>Your can then either copy or symbolically link back to the content from
your
>original setup.

Sounds a bit scary to me, would this be something I could hire out to an
expert?  I don't want to screw up live stores now that they are on line and
functional.

Could I have two independent apache servers on my Linux server running and
switch from one to the other?  And then just copy over my existing store
settings from httpd.conf into the new server once mod_ssl is set up?  Would
I have to delete my existing e-commerce sites and all associated files?  Or
leave them on my Linux machine and just move the httpd.conf file over the
newer apache server with the associated mod_ssl?  Would this be a
complicated process if I already have five e-commerce sites set up on the
machine?

Thanks,

Dan

Regards,