Jan Staschulat said:
> Hi, I have problems creating a self signed certificate.
> I'm using OpenSSL 0.9.7a on SunOS 5.7 sparc SUNW,Ultra-2
> I went through the description of FAQ-page:
> http://www.corserv.com/freebsd/apache-ssl-howto.html
>
> OpenSSL quits with the error when I want to sign the server.csr:
>
> $> openssl ca -config ca.config -out server.crt -infiles server.csr ...
> Sign the certificate? [y/n]:y
> failed to update database
> TXT_DB error number 2
>
> I searched on google and found the same question on the modssl-users
> mailing list (Dez 2002) , which is still unanswered:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg15877.html
>

> Any Ideas?

My guess is you don't have the database file. On unix system do "touch <f>",
where <f> is the value of the database in ca.config.

I also remember having to initialise the serial file: echo 00 > serial

HTH

> Jan

Aaron Stromas         | "Tik-tik-tik!!!... ja, Pantani is weg..."
[EMAIL PROTECTED]        | BRTN commentator
+1 (301) 493 4933     | L'Alpe d'Huez
http://www.izoard.com | 1995 Tour de France