From: "A. Pagaltzis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> * Sam Vilain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-08-21 01:01]:
> > Any ideas for a better name for this module?
> >
> > NAME
> >        Defer - Defer execution of code until it is accessed
>
> Ok, so I'm very late to this thread (and if I don't manage to fix my
> DSL before I fly off to vacation you'll get this mail at least another
> 10 days late..) - in my defense I only caught up to the list a few
> days ago and then couldn't think of the term so I wrote it off since
> was late anyway.. and now it just came to me out of the blue while
> doing other stuff.

You are better than me. I missed the thread completely.

> The proper jargon for execution deferred until the result is
> actually needed is "lazy".
>
> Object::Realize::Later should have been Class::Realize::Lazy or
> some such, f.ex.
>
> So I would call this something like Data::Evaluate::Lazy. I'm not sure
> of the exact name - the toplevel namespace it should go in is a tricky
> question. But IMHO it definitely should be Foo::Lazy.

Like http://search.cpan.org/search?query=Data::Lazy&mode=module
right? :-)

The only thing in Defer.pm that I do not have in Data::Lazy is the
attribute syntax. Maybe it'd be better to add that to my module
instead of uploading a brand new module :-)

Patches welcome, otherwise I'll have a look at Defer.pm when I get
some free time and steal the attribute stuff from there ... that is
if Sam doesn't mind ;-)
Probably the second weekend from now.

Jenda
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====