On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 11:56:33AM -0400, Darren Chamberlain wrote:
> * Christopher Hicks <chicks at chicks.net> [2003-08-21 11:35]:
> > That's brilliant.  Who's going to do it?!!?!?
>
> I'd happily start collecting metadata for modules, but I have no
> resources for hosting.  I'd definitely help code it, though.

Is this possibly something that can be added as a sideband to CPAN
Ratings[0], or maybe the My Favourite CPAN Modules Wiki[1]?

While it's great to see a sudden upsurge in the interest in rating and
adding metadata to and about CPAN, I'll confess a certain cynicism
about what will happen if every new idea creates a new project to try
and realise it.

Sorry, had to get the naysaying out of my system.

[0] http://cpanratings.perl.org/
[1] http://cpan.japh.org/cgi-bin/index.cgi

--
Richard Clamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>