> > Hold that thought - IMO the Geo:: namespace is already a mess; it > contains both Geometry and Geography stuff, > and multiple Geo::Weather*, and Geo::Stormtracker > all of which (in retrospect) could have been Geo::Weather::

I dont think I would call that a mess. Geo is a good abbreviation for Geometry and Geography. Maybe a bit of a melting pot, but not a mess :)

Ya, I always thought it weird what kind of stuff is strewn all over Geo::. Its really should be like schooling - you have different departments, Math, History, Geography, Archaeology, Biology, etc. So, that would mean geometry would be a subset of math, and would be Math::Geo:;, not plain old Geo::. Oh well.

Perhaps a whole new namespace for geography stuff. How about...

GIS::*  (Bad idea, GIS is a subset of digitized geography)
Geography::*
Spatial::*

I think most naiive people (e.g. me!) would look under Geo or Geography for this type of thing, so put it there.