david nicol wrote:

Here's a controversial assertion:

Just because Damian Conway does something that doesn't make it right.

I reccommend changing the name of the module when the interface
changes, for instance I published Net::SMTP::Server::Client2
instead of hijacking Net::SMTP::Server::Client and producing
incompatible higher-numbred versions. (internally I've got a Client3
as well, but it's not going to get published)

In my opinion as soon as he broke compatability with something that
people were actually using, he should have changed the name.

http://search.cpan.org/~tbone/Parse-RecDescent-FAQ-3.25/FAQ.pm
does not contain a section on version compatibility, maybe you could
submit one?

I am author maintainer of the Parse::RecDescent::FAQ - what happened vis-a-vis version compatibility? I have been far away from the mechanics of Parse::RecDescent for quite awhile.

And yes, please email me something that you want put in there.