On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 01:52:12PM -0600, Andy Lester wrote:
> > No.  But there are certain classes of functions of the module that don't
> > work until others have been run.  So others should have been tested
>
> So some tests are setting up other ones, then?
>
> One of my goals when writing tests is to make everything as independent
> as possible, so that I can run a single test (using prove) as part of my
> development process.

Andy,

So how do you recommend handling the case where some tests depends on
other things being in place?

For example, with DBD::Pg, a lot of tests depend on having test data in
the database, and having the database connection working and open.

One idea would seem to be have a "testing module" that provides the
setup and tear-down functionality. Then each individual test could
load the testing module, and setup and teardown for itself.

Is that what you do, Andy?

        Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .