"Jose Alves De Castro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Take a look at the CPAN. Search for "Roman". There's "Roman",
> "Math::Roman", "Text::Roman", "Convert::Number::Roman", etc...

> What can be done about it?

Hi, Getting Open source guys to co-operates is like having a kindergarden
singing in tune. Not impossible but very difficult. We are all (specially
myself) self-centered big egos playing with our belly button :^)

IMHO, Take all the Roman modules and refactor them  (yes you Jose) do not
ask anyone and do not talk about it before you are done (or you'll never be
done). Take the best from each module and try if possible to have some kind
of backward compatibility (but not too much or it would be as good to have
all the modules). When you are done, contact all the othors and convince
them that you module is as good or better and ask them to retire their
modules (If you can contact them).

This problem has been discussed many times before and I don't think it will
get fixed any soon because no one is responsible for anything that comes
into CPAN (which my anarchist side kind of likes).  Disk space is cheap so
this might not be _as_ bad as we _all_ seem to think.

My 2 cents, Nadim.