On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 01:24:43PM -0300, Bruno Negr?o wrote:

> I agree Mark, i've posted my module on the DateTime mailing list. Let's see what
> they say about it.
>
> But i think the DateTime project is not gaining fair promotion once their modules
> are not even appearing on the main "Module List"
> in the cpan's site at http://www.cpan.org/modules/00modlist.long.html.
>
> If people should concentrate effort in making this framework the solution for Dates
> and times related problems, the DateTime
> namespace should at least appear on the Module List, right?

I think there is a separate more general issue that the module list is
losing relevance. I think a lot of people (like myself), use
http://search.cpan.org as a primary method for finding useful modules.
As a CPAN user, I don't consult the list when looking for modules. As
a module writer, I have abandoned caring if my modules appear on the
list, because I have the perception it's not used much anymore.

So I would say a more important issue is that the DateTime modules don't
show up in the first 100 results for "Date" on that website:

http://search.cpan.org/search?m=all&q=date&s=1&n=100

I think part of the solution to fix that is to have more contributions to the
CPAN ratings system, and consider the ratings in the search results.

        Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .