On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Smylers wrote:
Chris Dolan writes:
Assuming it is based on DBI at its core, your module would fit better
in the DBI extension area.  I think DBIx::Backup::MySQL would be good,
as it would leave room for expansions to databases other than ::MySQL.

I think the opposite -- that DBIx:: should be for things that are generally usable with DBI, where the "I" is independent. Things such as backing up tend not to be database-independent.

I agree with Chris much more than Smylers here, but if we go along with Smylers perspective for a minute then we need /some/ hierarchy for "database-related things that aren't avertising they're using DBI for some reason". The more I think about it DBIx would seem to be the winning place for this sort of thing.

--
</chris>

There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make
it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way
is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.
 -- C.A.R. Hoare