Some food for thought and debate. I'm wondering if the DSLIP codes [1] be updated, if revamped altogether. Note the following issues:

S (Support Level):
 * Web-site forums (separate from cpanforum site)
 * Specialty newsgroups (hosted by developer), fits in w/mailing list
 * Public CVS or other version control system site
 * Bug database separate from rt.cpan.org
 * Some modules maintained in sourceforge (which has CVS and separate
   bug database)

L (Language Used):
 * Using Inline code in another language
 * Using XS code to interface with some other software or library
   which a user may or may not have
 * Using Filter or some other altered syntax in the language
   (e.g. Perl6 modules)

I (Interface Style)
 * As with Language Used, alterered syntax (e.g. Perl6)

P (Public License):
 * The module interfaces with a commercial application, even
   though the module itself may be restricted

I'm curious as to other module authors' thoughts on this. (Many apologies if this topic has been recently covered; I've been out of the loop on the module-authors list for a while.)

Rob

[1] See http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/htdocs/faqs/dslip.html