Robert Rothenberg writes:

> P (Public License):

My problem with this field is that I want to release modules that are
under either the Artistic License or the GPL version 2.  The options
available are:

  p - Standard-Perl: user may choose between GPL and Artistic

That doesn't quite apply, because Perl is Artistic or _any_ version of
the GPL, including versions that have yet to be written.  Personally I'm
not prepared to release code under any terms that RMS may come up with
in the future (though of course, when a later version of the GPL is
released, if I like it then I'll be prepared _retrospectively_ to
relicense existing code under it), so it's incorrect to say that my code
is under the same terms as Perl itself.

  g - GPL: GNU General Public License

That's true, in that my code is under the GPL; but it isn't the whole
truth, since the Artistic License also applies.

  a - Artistic license alone

That's untrue, cos it isn't that licence "alone".

  o - other (but distribution allowed without restrictions)

Pedantically, even that's untrue, since "other" implies a licence that
isn't listed above, and mine both are.  And even being less pedantic, it
seems odd to have to choose "other" for a situation which isn't
remarkable or unusual (and which, until such a time as a later version
of the GPL is released, is in practice the same as Perl's own licence).

Smylers