Mark Stosberg wrote:
On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 10:48:28AM -0400, John Siracusa wrote:

What's the best way to spread the word about a new module?  I've got a few
modules that I think a lot of people would find useful.  They're still in
active development (pre-1.0) but I'd like as many people as possible to try
them so I can get feedback from the community.  How do I spread the word
about these modules?

There's always 'freshmeat.net', 'perlmonks.org', and your 'use.perl.org'
journal.

I would say that perlmonks and use.perl have the widest & most focussed mindshare around.

I did a bit of pimping for Regexp::Assemble on Perlmonks, when people posted problems for which R::A was a natural fit. I posted a few snippets showing how to solve the problem using the module.

I must also confess to pushing it when not strictly appropriate :-/

A few weeks ago someone posted a regexp question, and someone _else_ suggested using R::A. So now I consider the phase of evangelism is over.

It probably doesn't get any better than that.

David