On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:46:33 +0100
Nicholas Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 06:52:26PM +0800, imacat wrote:
> >     I'm not a skilled C/XS programmer, or I would consider taking over
> > them.  Can anybody have advice on this issue?
> The author made these modules available to you for free.
> So any support you get is a bonus.
> You seem to be assuming that someone owes you a fix for these modules.
> For free.

    Oh I see.  You may not know me.  I personally have submit numerous
patches, bug reports, tests reports, debug reports to numerous packages,
perl modules or not.  You may not know how much time I have spent on
submitting patches and bug reports to all kinds of free software
packages only in 2006.  There are still 10+ bug reports by me hanging on
rt.  Unlike most CPAN tester robots, I even take time on modules that
hang in their test suite and hence did not sent any test report, and
report them manually, even that I'm not using them at all.  I did what I
can as best as possible, to help the community.  I may not be famous,
might not be widely known due to not showing up on meetings all over the
world, for I'm not that rich, but I'm not that kind of stupid and greedy
newbie you described so ugly.

    But for this issue, I really have 3 choices:

1. Ignoring it, and nobody in the whole world will know.  After all, I
can disable that part of code that uses Crypt-Cracklib, and
Crypt-Rijndael has a non-perfect replacement.  I can write a whole
content management system with a million lines from nothing.  What's so
hard to merely disable using a module?

2. Address this issue to the public and see if someone encounter the
same problem with the same modules and see what we can do.

3. Drop my current schedule, my job and my school and jump into the
world of C/XS, and die for no income to pay my dinner and bill and rent.

    I choose 2.  2 is the most reasonable and positive choise to me
currently.  Any problem?

--
imacat ^_*'
[EMAIL PROTECTED]