I'm seeing a sudden rush of "this is a perl blog" posts on
use.perl.org in some attempt to SEO Perl.

It would seem to me that the ideal way to get an "important" site to
link to Perl blogs would be for search.cpan.org to have a "blog" link
just like it has a "homepage" link.  Since people might have a blog
page different than their home page and since not everyone blogs at
use.perl.org, I think a "blogl URL" field should be added to PAUSE
user data and then added to search.cpan.org.

Just a thought.

Though as long as we're talking adding URLs, I wouldn't mind seeing a
"Repository" URL added -- and then I start thinking that maybe it's
time for the long-discussed idea of an "author.yml" file that lives in
a CPAN author's directory to specify all sorts of things of that type
(along with, say, CPAN Testers notification preferences).

Regards,
David