On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 8:01 AM, Graham Barr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I would not say that repository is a per-author data item, but a
> per-distribution. There is nothing to say that every distribution that an
> author works on is hosted at the same place. META.yml does have support for
> many resources, which could be shown on the search.cpan.org distribution
> page.

Some authors do keep a single repo -- or keep a single interface to
all their repositories (e.g. gitweb).  So it seemed like an
"author-level" repository link (optional of course) might make sense.
The per-distribution repository link already is supported by META.yml,
so I'd just reuse that in an author.yml file if an author wants.

As I said, the "easy" answer is to patch PAUSE and search.cpan.org --
but the author.yml would be a more general solution for the future.
That said, I'm all for saying YAGNI.

David

P.S. Making sure the word "Perl" shows up on all search.cpan.org pages
sounds like a great idea!