Hello Eric,

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008, Eric Wilhelm wrote:
> # from Lutz Gehlen
> # on Saturday 28 June 2008 04:51:
> >__PACKAGE__->mk_exception_functions
> >    (messages => {foo => 'Error foo occurred.'},
> >    exception_class => 'Exception::Class::Mine');
> >
> >and later just call
> >foo() if($foo);
>
> This requires you to inherit from the exception class, but it
> installs functions instead of methods?

In fact, it does not inherit from Exception::Class. Exception::Class
is not a classical class itself after all but offers via its import
function to define subclasses of Exception::Class::Base.

My module installs functions because I see an exception as something
that belongs to a package. However, I already thought about also
offering an mk_exception_methods function for people who prefer to
throw an exception with a method call.

> If the only call needed is mk_exception_functions(), that could
> just be import().

Well, the reason against that is the mk_exception_methods function I
just mentionend. But I had not thought of using import, it's a nice
idea.

Thanks for your feedback,
Lutz