On Thursday 15 April 2010 03:45:49 James E Keenan wrote:
> Recently I had occasion to discuss with Damian Conway whether the
> continued presence of distribution Perl6::Say was still warranted.  We
> both agreed that it was time for this distro to retire to the backpan.
[...]
> But with the release of Perl 5.10.0 in December 2007, Perl6::Say's days
> became numbered.  Why say Perl6::Say::say() when you can simply say
> say()?

I fully agree that there is no need to use Perl6::Say any more, but I'm not
sure nuking it from CPAN entirely is the best course of action.

Personally I'd rather see a new version with a big "Hey, this is deprecated,
don't use this in new code; use the built-in say() from Perl 5.10 and above"
notice on it.

No need to potentially break anyone's code which relies upon Perl6::Say and
cause them pain, IMO.  (Especially if they happen to be stuck on an ancient
Perl due to odd corporate rules or something.)

Cheers

Dave P

--
David Precious <dav...@preshweb.co.uk>
http://blog.preshweb.co.uk/    www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter

  "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
  it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)