On Thu, April 15, 2010 4:09 pm, Eric Wilhelm wrote:

> Honestly, if you're setting up a blank machine next week with less than
> 5.10, not finding Perl6::Say in the index is going to be the least of
> your problems anyway.  But you should be able to purchase some
> complaint tokens if you really need them.

I believe RedHat still ships with 5.8.8...  (Not that I'd run RedHat by
choice if Perl were a consideration at all.)  I don't know about others.
In general the larger and more commercial the vendor the further behind
I'd expect them to be.

In general I'm for putting in a depreciated warning for some period before
final removal of any public API.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.