On 07/09/2010 09:21, Peter Haworth wrote:

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 18:39:48 -0700, Xiong Changnian wrote:
> Please allow me to stress my regret at disturbing your peace by
> writing in a mode you find offensive. The more I seek to avoid
> offense, the more offensive I become. I lament my inability to
> express courtesy in a form you might find fair. I refrain from
> further participation in this list. If anyone should require
> anything from me, for any reason, please email me directly. I shall
> be grateful to be your most obliging servant.

While your style of writing may indeed be excessively formal or
flowery, as exemplified by the above, I think you deserve just as much
apology from those members of the list who have chosen to respond in
such an insulting manner. Yes, you would do well to write more
concisely, but you don't warrant the lambasting you have received.

Indeed. Xiong sounds like you'd be suited to the refuge that is Bristol & Bath Perl Mongers. We are the friendliest Perl community I know of, that's our whole aim :)
http://perl.bristolbath.org
You are more than welcome to join us.

Nadim <na...@khemir.net <mailto:na...@khemir.net>> wrote:
> It may sound strange but if you [can't] get the humor and
> sensibility the Perl comunity has, it may be better to find another
> one. This is not just Software. It is social, living, fun.

Just how much humour and sensibility have you shown here, Nadim?
You're not sounding particularly social or fun.

This reminds me of attitudes I came across on another list... (cough, cough) I wont say which. Why not copy their lead, and follow on with some blog posts blindly mediating w**hy more people don't get involved and stay in the Perl community, lol.

Lyle