I sympathize with the compiler errors.  But its not acceptable to have someone
other than the maintainer decide to remove a contribution from CPAN unless it
is malware or is stolen property etc.  Merely no longer working if it ever did
isn't cause.  That is the point of the Kwality metric and the availability of
test reports.

BTW not everyone uses gcc. It is its own 'standard' mostly. I agree that
usually C code needs to be generic and portable but this may not be possible. I
have code (not mine, but that of one of the programmers I support at work)  gcc
won't compile but Solaris Studio does (and vice versa alas).

CPAN is source code. It is likely some is junk. Others are in the eye of the
beholder. Others are more subtle: if you installed my http::ADS (no mean feat
considering it assumes you run your own network ) you would find all code
executes cleanly but you get false positives.  Maybe someone else will pick it
up and derive something from it and maybe I will work on it again one day.
Meanwhile, leave it where it is. It doesn't hurt anyone.

We can have endless tangential discussions on CPAN testers testing in
inappropriate environments, using broken compilers and so forth.
Dana Hudes