Hello David,

I recently asked a very similar question on Perlmonks:
https://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=1225608

The consensus among commenters was that I should just keep separate
distributions and script whatever repetitive actions I have. But I still
think that, as a side contributor, I'd rather encounter an explicit bundle
rather than a standalone repo which is part of a hidden bundle at the
author's laptop.

I don't have a definite answer so far. So staying tuned on this thread,
thanks for asking!

--
Konstantin S. Uvarin
jabber: see <from>