On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 14:39 +0200, Mike wrote:
> On 7/20/07, Farokh Irani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > So, somewhere there is still something going on with .c vs .cpp. I'll
> > poke at apxs a bit and see if I can figure out why, but a crash
> > course in perl wasn't what I was looking at doing right now :)
> So you mean a change from *.cpp to *.c is the only real working
> solution? That's strange but anyway it works now...

Well - from what I can observe this seems to be a bug in libtool itself
(why did I expect this, given libtools poor C++ support?).
The final link command emitted by apxs seems to be (my reindentation):

/usr/share/apr-1.0/build/libtool --silent --mode=link \
    --tag=disable-static g++ -o mod_fancy.la  \
    -rpath /usr/lib/apache2/modules -module -avoid-version \
     config.cpp mod_fancy.cpp

Note that apxs is passing source file names to libtool. This doesn't
seem to work. Passing the '.libs/mod_fancy.o .libs/config.o' seems a
quick fix. I wonder if it's worth the effort.
NOTE: I've sucessfully compiled C++ modules, but 'I somehow always give
my sorce files '*.c' extentions.

 HTH Ralf Mattes