Hi,

I've been having some success with the apr_memcache_* functions.  In
load-tests, however, I'm finding a lot of timeouts
with apr_memcache_multgetp.  Specifically, the status returned with the
individual elements is APR_TIMEUP.

This leads me to wonder what the significance of the second to last arg to
this function is:

apr_memcache_server_create(
          pool_, hosts_[i].c_str(), ports_[i],
          kDefaultServerMin, kDefaultServerSmax,
          thread_limit_, kDefaultServerTtlUs, &server);

I have kDefaultServerSmax initialized to 600, as that's the value I found
in mod_socache_memcache.c   But that seems stingy (if it's really in
microseconds).  Should I be giving that a few hundred millis instead?
http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr-util/1.4/group___a_p_r___util___m_c.html#ga18ddd72bc1ab5edb0a08a8f26f193bd3
claims
that means "time to live of client connection" but I don't understand what
that phrase means exactly, or if it relates to the APR_TIMEUP returns I've
been suffering from.

My code is here;
http://code.google.com/p/modpagespeed/source/browse/trunk/src/net/instaweb/apache/apr_mem_cache.cc

-Josh