At 8.43 -0400 2000.05.01, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
>On Sun, Apr 30, 2000 at 11:10:21PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> The Apache XML Delivery Toolkit is a new set of modules designed for
>> [snip]
>>
>> This is a request for the AXDTK::* namespace. I would like to use this
>> namespace rather than continue to fill up the already over-used Apache::*
>> namespace. AXDTK intends to implement many stylesheet languages and each
>> one will fill another name, so using Apache::* is really not an
>> option. Apache::AXDTK::* is one alternative, but I think the depth and the
>> utility of this package deserves its own namespace.
>
>For what it's worth, I'd favor AXKIT over AXDTK.

I don't see much difference between the two.

I think I'd prefer Apache::XML::* or something.  I do not like cryptic
top-level names, and I do not like acronyms for top-level names (unless
they are widely known, standards, etc.).  FWIW, that wouldn't mean needing
to change the name of the mailing list, and fixing the modules and docs is
almost as easy as a global one-liner.  :-)

--
Chris Nandor       |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |     http://pudge.net/
Andover.Net        | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://slashcode.com/