At 7:13 -0800 2000.11.09, Paul J. Lucas wrote:
>On 9 Nov 2000, Andreas J. Koenig wrote:
>
>>  >   So why doesn't his filename match?  It looks like the problem
>>  >   isn't really my problem after all.
>>
>> Good catch, but this has been stated before. The solution is obvious,
>> but it affects you. So if we apply the obvious solution, it will be
>> your problem after all. That's why we're talking.
>
>If his is renamed HTML::TreeBuilder and stored in a file of the
>same name, then my name becomes unique and my problem
>disappears.

You are trying to have both sides of the argument.  You are arguing at one
time against confusion, but here you are advocating more confusion, by
changing the names of established distributions.  Yes, it is a problem that
his distribution and module name don't match.  But many people have come to
know and expect it.  I think the most reasonable solution is to have a
dummy HTML::Tree module in his distribution, thereby unifying the name with
the distribution.

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/