On Sat, 30 Dec 2000, Johan Vromans wrote:

> Have you considered CGI::Application::MailURL instead of MailPage? If
> I understand correctly, it does not necessarily send a page, but it
> sends a URL, either as a link, as HTML, or as text.

I think MailPage is more accurate - the module requires the the target URL
be an HTML page that is readable on the local filesystem.  Calling it
MailURL seems to imply that it can handle any URL anywhere on the web.
Maybe CGI::Application::MailHTMLPage would be more accurate?

> Does it use Mail::Mailer (from Graham Barr's MailTools) or did you
> roll your own?

Right now it uses Net::SMTP and barfs an error when you try to use the
(undocumented) sendmail option.  I tried to get Mail::Mailer working but I
ran into some trouble.  I'll try to resolve the problem before I release
version 0.01.

> We're working very hard to improve our response time. Stay tuned.

Excelent.  My offer of help still stands.

-sam