On Friday 21 June 2002 10:44, Perl Authors Upload Server wrote:
>     This library package is not the most easiest to classify. The Text
>     Encoding Initiative is a group that has defined a schema originally
>     SGML based for the generic mark-up of documents. It is slowly
>     starting to be adopted by libraries and electronic document centers
>     (even more so now that an XML version of the specification has been
>     produced). The TEI specification is quite large as it is designed to
>     be able to markup from everything to songs to poetry to technical
>     papers to novels. Since the full TEI specification is quite large a
>     'Lite' version was made that is a subset that allows a person to
>     markup over 90% of the type of documents one would encounter. The
>     goal of this library is to implement the TEILite specification that
>     is based on XML as this seems to be the most common path that
>     libraries and such are using. It might be better to make a generic
>     TEI root node and put this under TEI::TEILite or possibly
>     XML::Schema::TEILite. I think I would like to stay away from the
>     XML::Schema::TEILite as the XML::Schema might provide the wrong
>     impression (as in modules for building XML schema models).

Applications of XML often tend to go directly under the XML:: namespace. I'm
ready to be proven wrong but I don't think TEI needs a top level namespace of
its own. XML::Schema is probably a bad choice too, as people would indeed
think that it is an implementation of W3C XML Schema (and if they have any
sense, run away fast ;).

Given that it is a DOM wrapper, why not simply XML::TEILite?

--
Robin Berjon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- for hire: http://robin.berjon.com/
  A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other