On Saturday 06 July 2002 22:17, D. Hageman wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Robin Berjon wrote:
> > Given that it is a DOM wrapper, why not simply XML::TEILite?
>
> I guess the only reason why I didn't go with XML::TEILite is that I
> thought as TEI becomes more established that more people would be
> interested in adding additional tools.  I guess one can't really predict
> the future and if later this prediction becomes true and people do such a
> thing and more 'group'ing namespace can be considered then.  I am okay
> with the namespace XML::TEILite.

As Tim pointed out recently, some top level namespaces such as Apache:: or
XML:: are so generic that three-level names make sense. Thus, people wishing
to develop addition TEI tools would use XML::TEILite as their root namespace.
The same discussion occurred with the same conclusion when the perl-xml list
was debating whether to use XML::SAX::* or have a SAX:: top level namespace.

--
Robin Berjon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- for hire: http://robin.berjon.com/
  "I will not teach Plato. I shall teach nothing but the truth."