On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 07:22:42PM +0200, Alessandro Ranellucci wrote:
> On 11-05-2012 at 17:07, Matt S Trout wrote:
>
>  >What does this achieve that the already existing lightr-DBIx::Class
>  >module DBIx::ResultSet doesn't
>
> Accessor methods, custom packages, relationships, joins,
> group_by, ->next, ->single and more...
>
> Also, DBIx::ResultSet is clearly not an ORM.

Neither is DBIx::Lite - it just blesses hashrefs into a package with
an AUTOLOAD, which isn't really the same thing.

Plus ->single was a design error and should never be used.

So was ->next - there should an an ->iter method that returns an
iterator instead.

Copying my stupid mistakes from DBIx::Class that Aran didn't because he
spoke to me first and I was able to warn him they were stupid does not
a better module make :)

>  >and why can't the additional
>  >functionality
>  >be added there?
>
> I contacted the DBIx::ResultSet maintainer last year and sent
> him a long e-mail with ideas and patches for new features. I got
> no answer.
> After a couple months, I tried again. Still no answer.
> Then I tried again. And no answer.

I've cc'ed Aran in so you can sort out re-sending the requests rather
than producing another module - if you're having trouble contacting an
author please contact modules@perl.org - we can usually track them down.

Aran, aar's got some really nice ideas here and since you're already looking
at adding joins to SQL::Abstract we three need to collaborate so I don't
completely break your codebases when I release 2.0 using Data::Query.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/

Email me now on mst (at) shadowcat.co.uk and let's chat about how our Catalyst