On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 11:11:52AM +0200, Johan Vromans wrote:

> It seems to be crucial to avoid no_index/provides conflicts, since these
> are dealt with in opposite ways by CPAN (right) and MetaCPAN (wrong).

provides means "you don't need to index this dist at all", so while not an
error, having a no_index entry seems superfluous if you're setting provides.

Which is probably why nobody noticed metacpan didn't handle it right until
now.

I wonder if some form of META linting should squeal about this, simply on
the grounds of it makes no sense so other downstream software may also fail
to handle it sanely.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/