I'd like to second David's comment that an ideal outcome here would be
consensus. DBIx::Class has historically run on consensus among the team,
wherein my position as founder and then riba's as chainsaw delegate were
only ever used to tiebreak rather than to enforce, and I believe that's
a valuable tradition to retain.

Peter, please be assured that I'm not a priori objecting to your current
plan - after all, I have no basis upon which do so, given I don't as yet
have any idea what it is.

While I would not, under normal circumstances, default to having this
conversation on a public list, given xdg's "consideration for the potential
successor" point amongst others, if that's what Peter feels necessary to be
able to share his thoughts, I'm mostly just happy that we're going to get
the opportunity to have the conversation.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/