Well, I'd rather stay out of it for reasons riba basically already made
clear, but my thoughts are at the end of
https://blog.afoolishmanifesto.com/posts/open-source-infrastructure-and-dbix-class-diagnostics-improvements/
, written quite a while ago.

I am content with Riba's plan, though am skeptical he could find a person
living who can replace him.  Not to offend the various people who could,
but the combination of intelligence, caution, and knowledge of the project
itself, and motivation is going to be hard to pass along, though I'd love
to be proven wrong.

Not to be overly negative but I also don't think what any of us do about
this will make a difference. I will be astounded if there is another major
DBIC release in the year after ribasushi leaves. That gives the community
and pause admins plenty of time to act after the fact.

--
sent from a rotary phone, pardon my brevity