I like it.

But I'm curious what the motivation is to bring it into core? I think we
could all think of 1,000 things that our apps do and, starting from
scratch, it would be convenient for these things to be built into core.

I would like to see more things that can help me out as a developer to make
my application development easier, especially at the prototype stage. The
more things the framework can do the less I have to do or glue in from
other modules. :) And we all know that laziness is a virtue.

It's nice, I like it; but why isn't it a plugin? Seems to me like the
logical choice for it?

In any case, I do very much like and appreciate your consideration of
taking Mojolicious to the next level beyond the essentials and into the
best practices. It seems to me that what you're proposing is to begin
building a repository of plugins that are approved by the core team. The
current plugins now: Android. The plugins that you're proposing: iOS. It
might be nice to have a separate name space between the two so users
immediately know which they're dealing with and also so that the good names
don't get taken from the core team.

I've always been secretly hoping that one day Mojolicious would do more
than essentials framework. I would love if it would do more and more things
for me. It already does just about everything, why not let it do literally
everything? :)