On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 7:58 AM, Jan Henning Thorsen <jan.henn...@thorsen.pm
> wrote:

> Stefan: That is indeed a Mojolicious template. What I meant is that I want
> to provide a pretty absolute time (not like the ironman webpage) and then I
> replace that on the client side with whatever "data-timestamp" holds.
> time() = something computers (javascript) can understand and
> pretty_absolute_time() is something humans can read.
>
> Another thing is that pretty_absolute_time() makes also more sense if you
> plan to print the webpage. Therefor I wouldn't replace the <span> tag, but
> rather hide it by default on "media screen" and show it on "media print".

Thanks for the response, Jan.  I think this makes sense, however, as I
understand it you're still calling a Perl function to output pretty time /
cutesy dates -- the very function that Sri was proposing and that you were
suggesting isn't useful because you like to render it on the client
(javascript).  But it sounds like you are still rendering cutesy dates on
the server.  I'm not suggesting that this is sufficient cause to introduce
cutesy dates into Mojo core by any means, just trying to keep up with you
in the conversation and understand your response and rationale.  Sorry for
my inability to understand better.  :D