Mon didn't alert me to a failed service today. I don't think I understood
the dependency behavior of mon.

I have a hostgroup A. All the services of A depend on the service ping
being okay. Machine M in group A was down (and unpingable). Machine
N in group a was up (and pingable) but a non-ping service had failed.
Mon didn't send me an alert. After re-reading the man page this seems
correct.

However, I would like to be alerted when a service on machine N
fails even when another machine in that hostgroup is unpingable,
while still having the services on N depending on N being pingable.
The only solution I could come up with is the split the hostgroup.
Is there another way?

--
Mark Wagner [EMAIL PROTECTED] 206-598-0302
Unix System Administrator, Radiation Oncology and Radiology