I'll investigate that option but we like to install as little third
party software as possible on our servers to help with maintainability
and the speed with which servers can be rebuilt and the skills required.

I've had a look and the problem of the cached values requiring an SNMP
restart has been resolved in Service Pack 3 and the first problem
doesn't really affect us as these servers only have one network card so
if the interface is down then we can't talk SNMP to it anyway :)

Regards,

William Bartholomew
Internet Developer
Orli-TECH Pty Ltd
"Your Innovative e-Business Partner"

Web:   http://www.orlitech.com.au
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: +61 7 3292 0220
Fax:   +61 7 3292 0221

Visit our online store http://www.instantit.com.au

Dell
> both have snmp services), or some third-party software, such as
Net-SNMP

http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/software/admin/mon/contrib/monitors/snmpvar/