From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:mon-admin@;linux.kernel.org]On
Behalf Of Jim Trocki
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 7:05 AM
To: William Bartholomew
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: SNMP

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, William Bartholomew wrote:

> Can anyone tell me step by step or point me to documentation that tells
> me what I need to do to set up a linux box that is already running mon
> to use SNMP to monitor a Windows server.

you didn't say what you want to monitor. to me "monitor a windows server"
means to decimate a windows server by smashing a 19" viewsonic into it :)

you can use the windows perfmib and snmpvar.monitor to watch things like
virtual memory, disk performance, etc. hp has their own agent and mibs
for proliant systems which gives you different details about things like
whether or not the fans in the chassis are working, status of psus, etc.
so, it depends on what you want to

snmpvar.monitor comes with a readme which tells you how to get started:

http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/software/admin/mon/contrib/monitors/snmpvar/