On Tuesday 19 November 2002 13:32, Philippe Trolliet wrote:

> i need sth like this to. i want to be dependent of more than one service.
> e.g. only test the smtp service if the ping of two routers in a different
> hostgroup is successfull.
> do i only have to seperate the dependencies with a colon?
>
> hostgroup router1
> hostgroup router2
> hostgroup mail
>
> watch mail
>     depend router1:ping, router2:ping
>
> or
>
> watch mail
>     depend router1:ping
>     depend router2:ping
>
> what is the correct syntax?

or
        depend router1:ping and router2:ping  ?
I have :

watch www
        service ping
                interval 5m
                monitor fping.monitor
                depend gw-1-12:ping and gw-11-12:ping
                [ ... ]

I think this is correct --  mon reports no error when parsing cf -- I also
hope it works _correctly_

> another question i have, has mon the ability to send daily reports
> independent of a service failure/alert?

mmm.... maybe you can trigger a custom mail alert w/ sth like this:

watch nonexistent
        service daily-report
                interval 1d
                monitor /bin/false