On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Scott A. Davis wrote:

> Hmmm... Ok.  What am I doing wrong?  My head hurts.
>
> I have the files (at least for testing purposes)
>
> /cgi-bin/monshow.cgi          -rwxr-xr-x
> /cgh-bin/monshowrc            -rwxr-xr-x

monshowrc shouldn't be executable, and it's a bad idea to put
files which are not meant to be executed in your cgi-bin path.

> /cgi-bin/mon-lib.pl           -rwxr-xr-x

i've never heard of this.

> In monshow.cgi, I have the line:
>
>       my $VIEWPATH = "/var/www/html/cgi-bin"

> mon-lib.pl is also in the same dir, as required by monshow.cgi line 26:
> require './mon-lib.pl';

i don't know what monshow you're using, but there has never been such a
thing as mon-lib.pl, and monshow has never required it. it does, however,
require you to install the Mon::Client perl module, which you can get
here:

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/software/admin/mon/Mon-0.11.tar.gz

the monshow you should be using comes from the "clients" directory in
the main mon tarball.

>       does not seem to work.

what does apache's error_log say? usually that is in /var/log/httpd.